BIG wiper blates on obs how to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so after having my truck for a while i wanted bigger wipers. i installed 02" wipers on the truck and it was a big help but i wanted more. so a trip to the junk yard was in order. i picked up a set of arms to cut up.

all i did was remove the rivet from the arm once this is done just pull the arm out most of the way. i then cut 1.5" out of the arm in the middle and welded it back tougher and ground smooth. slide the arm back in and use a screw to replace the rivet.

after you paint the arms go pick up some 22" blades.

this is what you get a 22" blade that clans more of the windshield but does not contact the rubber.

stock compared to cut
You must be registered for see images attach

Stock

cut

after test fitting them i could go up to a 23" blade on the drivers and a 24" on the passenger side

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Cool idea. One more thing to add to the to do list.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no re drilling the rivit location will take the tension off the spring stopping it from putting adiquit pressure in the windshield.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 things

1 Im not seeing where you replaced the rivet with a screw, (dont see anywhere in the pics where a screw is.)

2 after drilling out the rivet couldnt you just pull the arm all the way out and cut it off the edge instead of cutting in the middle and having to weld the two pieces back together?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
The end of the upper half of the arm near the rivet has a a curve and a hole in it for the spring.

I'm going to be cutting it into 2 pieces. It is possible to do it the way you described but I don't have the tools here to do it that way.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 things

1 Im not seeing where you replaced the rivet with a screw, (dont see anywhere in the pics where a screw is.)

2 after drilling out the rivet couldnt you just pull the arm all the way out and cut it off the edge instead of cutting in the middle and having to weld the two pieces back together?

in the second picture you can see the "screw". in mine it looks like a rivet because i made a rivet to use but i figured most would not make or use a rivit so a small bolt works just as good. just use a lock nut.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I was able to fit a 22" on the drivers side. I haven't done the passenger side yet.