Big 3 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake Urwiller

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 93 eclb 2500 4x4. Getting ready to do the big 3. All the threads I read say the positive goes from alternator to battery. Right now my positive from alternator goes into a main look along engine and I think to a distribution block on firewall. Do I abandon this and go straight to the battery with new cable? Or should I also keep this hooked up? Right now the only leads on the positive side of the battery are the main starter wire and a much smaller wire goin to the starter.

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 88 2500, My wiring is the same as you described. what are trying to accomplish by switching it up?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont do away with anything you have now. Just add a new wire with a fuse from the posititive post on the battery,
to the positive post on the alt. Another wire from the frame of the alt to the neg post on the battery, and amother new wire, from the alt frame, or battery neg to the frame of the truck. You can add a 4th wire to the body of the truck, and a 5th to the engine block.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score