Bench seat to 60/40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1996 Chevy Cheyenne single cab and was wondering if I get a 60/40 bench seat out of a 98 Chevy ext cab will they work and bolt up?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't forget single cab vs. extended cab, the middle bracket is incorrect because the floor profile is different. Got some work to do there. The bracket is too tall because the extended cab has a lower floor. If you don't mind something that feels hack-ish, you can mock the seat in place, mark the bracket spot, and ... persuade... a dent in the floor to make room for the bracket. I've done this on low-buck builds where the owner just wanted a nicer seat in their work truck. I'm not proud of this. :D Or, if the seat is manual, you can cut and weld the bracket to size. Power seat is a little tougher because of less clearance to cut excess material out of the bracket.

Be sure to back up your new seat bolts with LARGE thick washers under the floor so the bolts don't rip through in the event of a crash.

Richard

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be better to just find a single cab truck with 60/40 seats and either pull those seats or just the seat brackets

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a 60/40 seat from the later 90s into a 1990 K2500 RCLB a few years back. The outer brackets for both sides bolted right up. I had to mark and drill out the holes for the inner brackets. On the passenger side, the rear of the inner bracket had to be cut down to sit normally over the transmission tunnel.

Fast forward a few years, now I have a 1997 K3500 CCLB with a bench seat I want to swap for the 60/40 in the RCLB because the 60/40 is in much better shape. I wish I hadn't cut down that bracket, or saved the piece cut off. It's impossible to find a complete replacement bracket nowadays.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seats are 60/40 from a 98 extcab Silverado and they are maroon which is what my interior color is and they are in great shape and he only wants 60 bucks for them but I have to pull them. So if I get them would it be better to fab the brackets/braces on those or find another single cab which he does have one with the 60/40 seats(which are grey) and just pull the brackets/braces from it and use it.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I installed the 60/40 seats in my 1996 Chevrolet Cheyenne swb today and they look awesome. I had to cut and fab the rear inner bracket/brace because the seats was from a 98 Silverado excab but it was easy to do that

You must be registered for see images attach

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank u for all your guys input and info I couldn’t have done it without the write ups here

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next thing in line is doing a drop kit and idk if I should do a 4/6 or 3/4 drop. What do u guys think?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I like a level truck but, that's up to you. My ass end is close to 3" higher than the front. I'm thinking about doing an axle flip and see if I need a notch, then a 2" on the front. BTW - nice looking truck!