Bench seat to 60/40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I like a level truck but, that's up to you. My ass end is close to 3" higher than the front. I'm thinking about doing an axle flip and see if I need a notch, then a 2" on the front. BTW - nice looking truck!
Thanks bro, ya I don’t like the way the truck is sitting right now and I want it leveled and I plan on putting some US MAGS 20 inch ramblers on it just don’t know what lowering kit to do. Guess I’ll go get on the suspension forum on here and get some answers.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Personally I like a level truck but, that's up to you. My ass end is close to 3" higher than the front. I'm thinking about doing an axle flip and see if I need a notch, then a 2" on the front. BTW - nice looking truck!

An axle flip absolutely positively requires a notch. A flip = 6" of drop.
These trucks ride level with a 3" difference in drop front to rear.
Ex. 1/4, 4/7, 5/8. etc.
A 5" rear drop (for a 2/5) is a pita on these trucks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Next thing in line is doing a drop kit and idk if I should do a 4/6 or 3/4 drop. What do u guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach

4/6. All day.
Everyone that's ever done a 2/4 or 3/4 makes plans to drop the truck down to a 4/6 faster than they can say "I lowered it 2/4."
I have one of each, & 2/4 (or 3/4) is just not enough.
Walk away, look back & it's "Damn! Shoulda gone lower!" Everytime!
I was warned not to do the 2/4 by many of the O.G. members here.
I didn't listen! They were right.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An axle flip absolutely positively requires a notch.
The reason I was saying I may or may not need a notch is the PO installed a set of 4/1 (re-arced?) leaf springs and extended the shackles ~3" just to get the ass end down to 3" higher than the front. I was thinking of maybe getting by with stock shackles instead of a notch, but won't really know until I do some measuring.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
The reason I was saying I may or may not need a notch is the PO installed a set of 4/1 (re-arced?) leaf springs and extended the shackles ~3" just to get the ass end down to 3" higher than the front. I was thinking of maybe getting by with stock shackles instead of a notch, but won't really know until I do some measuring.

I went with 2 inch spindles, 4 inch shackle and hanger and 1 inch lower leafs. No notch but it doesn't take much to put the rear on the bump stops. It's level and just right for me. I run 265/60/17s on a 8 inch wide rim with 4.5 BS. IF I hammer a big dip the fronts will just touch.

DmaxCris

Reaction score
Well I installed the 60/40 seats in my 1996 Chevrolet Cheyenne swb today and they look awesome. I had to cut and fab the rear inner bracket/brace because the seats was from a 98 Silverado excab but it was easy to do that

This is a older post but any pics of how you did the bracket ? I’m running into the same problem now

Fern97

Reaction score
Well I installed the 60/40 seats in my 1996 Chevrolet Cheyenne swb today and they look awesome. I had to cut and fab the rear inner bracket/brace because the seats was from a 98 Silverado excab but it was easy to do that

Howd you end up dealing with the trans tunnel?

Fern97

Reaction score

Did you make holes for the passenger inner bracket? And if so did you have any problems with clearance from under the truck?