Bench seat help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broken812

Reaction score
Hi all. I need to replace the bucket seats on my 1990 stepside with a bench seat. No luck with ebay or craigslist. I was wondering about swapping from a different vehicle. I read some great posts on swapping to buckets but not to bench. A buddy told me its not worth swapping cuz youve got to drill holes and the brackets will be a problem. Im not worried about aligning new holes but the other stuff i dont know. Any advice on specific models that are known to work? Thanks

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know where you are, I'm sure there people out here who would be interested in swapping their bench for your buckets.

broken812

Reaction score
seats

I was hoping on swapping the seats for a bench from another type of vehicle. I was hoping to keep the buckets in storage for the time being. I really like this truck. The local junkers here weren't any help. They had bumpers but they said not in decent condition. Im on Long Island NY. Awesome ride youve got Greg. In your parts i bet you can just go off roading almost anywhere outside of town. Im confined to the beach. And thats spotty. Erosion, piping plovers(shore birds). Lots of government here. Not much freedom. I live on an island and you would laugh at the amount of public beaches you can go to, just to swim. If your not rich and live on the water then you get corraled into the very few public beaches. Sucks!

Last edited:

95_z71

Reaction score
I have a gray bench out of my 95....too bad your so far from North Dakota, shipping would be outrageous

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually if you shipped it with central freight or know someone that has an account with them you get like a 75% discount