Belltech!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I call up Belltech and asked them about 4/6 drop kit and they tell me they don’t offer anything for the V6 WTF!!

1994 GMC SIERRA C1500, 4.3 V6, standard cab.

I have spent a lot of time pondering over the different company’s and Belltech even most the kit on the website.

is the website wrong or the sales guy wrong?

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did they say what the difference was between a V-6 and V-8??
The only difference between v6 and v8 lowering parts should be the spring rates. DJM offers different springs for v6 and v8 trucks. Mine is currently v6, but will be going ls sometime next year so I'm just going to order v8 springs for mine. Won't get the full drop and it might ride kinda funny for a little while, but it'll be alright.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either spring rate or spindles. The V-6 might have the thinner rotor, so the kits will be different. I'd call n see what the difference is. Even springs won't make that much difference.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either spring rate or spindles. The V-6 might have the thinner rotor, so the kits will be different. I'd call n see what the difference is. Even springs won't make that much difference.
The only trucks that got the thinner rotors are the 88-91 single cabs. Anything 92+ got the thicker rotors regardless of wheelbase or engine.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sales must have just not known what they were saying. I found the complete 4/6 kit for v6 trucks are their site right away.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only trucks that got the thinner rotors are the 88-91 single cabs. Anything 92+ got the thicker rotors regardless of wheelbase or engine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly What Texas Rebel said

My truck was originally a V6, I just ordered everything like it was V8 and everything bolted right up.
I kept my V6 Front springs with my V8 swap, seems to work fine for me so far.
I want to go to coilovers all the way around one day.............

Reaction score
That sales must have just not known what they were saying. I found the complete 4/6 kit for v6 trucks are their site right away.

Yes so did I and actually called up to order it lol.

he said it’s the spring rates and simply won’t drop my truck!!

Guess I’ll go with my original plan
DJM 4/6+ kit but they told me it will be 3/4 weeks before they can ship