Before and After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I have done to my truck.
1997 with 202,400 miles 350 Vortec. American Racing rims, Goodyear Wrangler 285/75/16. Deezee bed caps, tool box, mudflaps, uniden Cb radio, 3 ft whips, 2in. rear block, cranked. Go Industries grille guard with Blazer off road lights. Soon to have 3in. lift(what do you think it would look like) nerf bars, clear lens chrome housing headlights and parking lights(on the way). So tell me what you think. It's came a long way since i bought it all completely stock.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks great man! im normally not a fan of the scoops, but your truck pulls them off. black accent looks good on that color. good choice in wheels too

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
You asked for what I think and well I'm a blunt guy.... It has come a long way and you are sort of taking the direction I like until... The scoops look stupid and the fact they aint painted makes em even worse, the "brush" guard looks out of place because of how thin the whole thing is, those lights in front of the valance look ricey(but they match your hood scoops in that aspect) and finally I would lose the bug deflector on your hood and the chrome on the wheel wells too. Other than that I like it. Pretty much if it involves tape or autozone packaging I don't like the way it looks on trucks.

Now that I am done being a dick/pissing you off I have one question. How do you plan to achieve this 3 inch lift?

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, while I may not be quite as harsh as dirtyhick, I gotta say there is some truth in what he said. Hood scoops are a definite no go. Other than that, the truck doesn't look to bad. I'd ditch the trim on the side and the chrome fender trim too. And take it easy on the chrome in general, it's real easy to over do it. I'd definitely agree with losing the bug guard and window vents. Then maybe color match the mirrors and I'd say you'd be in business. Don't get too beat up about our opinions because they are just that opinions. And at the end of the day, it's your truck. If you like it then that's the only thing that really matters.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Chrome is tacky, I'm pretty sure all of us growing up thought it was cool at some point because we only knew that more of it would be COOLER, but once we open our eyes and see that color matching is so much more thrush and stealthy, we never turn back.

You don't see chip foose taking a stock chevy truck and adding a bunch of chrome knick knacks to it, you see him pull the molding, 2 tone the paint and colormatch the bumper and grill, remove wheel well trim, colormatched rhino line the bed, stuff like that. Maybe a black brush guard.

Trust me on the hoodscoops when I say take them off, I ran them on my truck for the for 2 years up until about mid to end of this summer, EVERYONE [ except mean green :D ] told me to remove the damn things because they are awful.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea shoulda got here sooner to warn you, NOBODY (except me) in internet land likes hood scoops or chrome. All they ever do is bash the guts out of it.

I likr it, I got tons of it on my truck, and I hardly post pics because everyone would bash on it. I got the same scoops going on mine, got the same headlights, makrers and parklights, got tails to match. I got the same size tires, stock wheels I polished, got same step bars, and got a chrome roll bar in bed with chrome lights, and got a push bar to go on the front, mines bull bar where yours is push bar. I'm also gonna order a body lift sometime for mine.

So IMO it looks good and will look better. I would maybe remove the body molding and from the bumpers, not sure on the fender trim. I got the wider on mine because I hate the half way down kind.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Minus the hood scoops I think it looks pretty good. I like ventshades and bug deflectors, but only if they're color matched. Other than that it's a nice looking truck.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, not a huge chrome fan, but i got to admit, im not sure how the truck would turn out if it was colors matched brown? The chrome grill, push bar and bumpers do make the truck look good. And htis is coming from one of those guys who HATE chrome, to where i dont even like the little bit of chrome on my cargo lamp lol. But no, this truck, without the hood scoops, looks nice:)