cognito stabilizer work with 4" tuff country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukeapre

Reaction score
So, I'm new here, been reading and following this forum forever. Tons of great stuff. I thought I need to start contributing something. It'll be a question first. I've had 99 k2500 suburban for years. Has about 170k on it so far. I've done all kinds of fairly basic things to it. I'm about to install a 4" tuff country sus lift. My issue is, I currently have the cognito stabilizer brackets on the pitman and idler arms. They work very very well. I'll try to explain this best I can. The new center steering link that came with the kit allows for my OE pitman, idler arms to be reused. I can install the cognito brackets; but will they interfere with the additional steering stabilizer provided by TC that connects the lower portion of the new center link to the sub frame provided by TC? By interfere I mean they seem the might bind working together. I would imagine the only people that are going to know what I'm talking about are people that have installed one of these with the cognito stuff. I tried asking Tuff country and the place I bought it from, it was very hard to explain what I trying to ask. In other words, they didn't know. I'm going to find out one way or another, figured I'd see if anyone has put all this together before. I don't start this install for another week or so. Thanks.

Things I've done over the years incase anyone has any questions
-cognito brackets
-red head steering box
-super steer idler arm bracket/carriage
-moog tierod ends inner outers
-timken hubs driver and passenger
-5.0 injectors
-msd full ignition(plugs distributor wires and coil)
-k&n cold air intake
-285 75 16 on original HD wheels
-kill mat sound insulated entire interior except roof
-rubberized underneath with 3m spray cans
-cavity wax 3m spray cans
-interior exterior leds
-glass front head lights
-bilstiens 5100
-upper control arm bushings moog
-all rear spring bushings moog
-moog ball joints upper/lower
-welded rag joint on steering shaft

Things to do
-custom rear bumper with tire mount (got the steel need to build it)
-likely going to go to 35's with a wider rim
-roof lights, the stock Hd ones that came on the pickups
-black bear tune, not sure witch one yet
-upgrade radio
-grill guard without removing OE front bumper

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not call Cognito themselves?
2nd thought, they probably won’t help given that a 99 isn’t even recognized on their site. I’d still call, never know, their lift kits do include the braces.

Last edited:

lukeapre

Reaction score
Why not call Cognito themselves?
2nd thought, they probably won’t help given that a 99 isn’t even recognized on their site. I’d still call, never know, their lift kits do include the braces.
Thanks. I will reach out to them. Might be a re-reach. I’ve talked to a few distributors and a few manufacturers over all the parts I’ve recently acquired, I can’t recall if I’ve talked to them. Worst case I’ll get a “man, we already told you.”

lukeapre

Reaction score
So, update. finally installed a year later. Yes, the cognito brackets work with this lift, so I assume they would work with most 4-6 inch lifts. Thanks again.