Bed bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codsta8

Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the bolts that connect the bed to the frame?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You can order a factory bed bolt kit through rock auto is that would help you out.

Not to hijack this thread, but how does one going about replacing the clips on the bed that the bolts actually thread into?

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
You can order a factory bed bolt kit through rock auto is that would help you out.

Not to hijack this thread, but how does one going about replacing the clips on the bed that the bolts actually thread into?

I think you'd have to either weld a new nut there, or you can buy replacement crossmembers that have the bolt in them. Or try junkyards/see if anyone is parting on and would sell the crossmember.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I think you'd have to either weld a new nut there, or you can buy replacement crossmembers that have the bolt in them. Or try junkyards/see if anyone is parting on and would sell the crossmember.

Well they've got a metal clip inside there that's slit to accept the bolt. I absolutely despise of the design. My truck is under a heavy knife right now, so I'm considering redoing the whole system to make it a completely bolt through system like the super duty's have.

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Well they've got a metal clip inside there that's slit to accept the bolt. I absolutely despise of the design. My truck is under a heavy knife right now, so I'm considering redoing the whole system to make it a completely bolt through system like the super duty's have.

I would think that would be way better. Doubt it would be terribly hard, just make the holes/reinforce and get longer bolts. That's one thing ford did right is their bed bolts. Almost like they knew people would be ripping them off to replace the rusted fenderwells.