Battery draws down after 24 hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Also could be that your battery is going bad internally. This often happens gradually, so you don't notice....
I think that's what happened to me... again... guess who wouldn't start today? The terminals did need a good cleaning and proper reassembly, and that got the power locks working again (so at least one good thing came outta this!). The only guy in the park with a jump box is working late today, so maybe we can get a jump tomorrow and get it to sam's club to swap out this c*** battery. It's been in the truck less than half the time I've owned it.
But it's only showing 11 volts with no load, attempts to start pulls it down below 10 volts. Gotta have a lil more juice than that at the solenoid.....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Phone charger plugged in?
Yes I try to not leave those in when the vehicle is not running. The outlets charge modern devices rather slowly in my experience anyway (but remember, smartphones weren't a thing when these trucks were designed!).

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
One of the problems with buying batteries, is that the date code on the unit may not be the correct indicator of when it was actually made. It's common for companies to re- date them, so you think it's newer than it really is. I think that's what happened on the battery I bought late last year for Rawhide.
Sam's better make it right, cause it says on the top of the battery "3 years free replacement". I don't like walking long distances in our already summer ish very humid weather....

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket radio? I had a Kenwood that would draw some power with everything off, leading to a dead battery. Crutchfield would not honor the warranty so I replaced it and have been good since.