Bagged downpipe pics: how are able to lay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
Had my driver side run forward & under the front of the oil pan, then back in to a 'Y' to connect with the passenger side just in front of the cat, which is in the stock position. Was worried that this would raise the engine temps, but in the 3 years it was like that, no probs.
I can post up some pix on Sunday, if you'd like.
one of my old trucks was done that way
You must be registered for see images attach

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
Had my driver side run forward & under the front of the oil pan, then back in to a 'Y' to connect with the passenger side just in front of the cat, which is in the stock position. Was worried that this would raise the engine temps, but in the 3 years it was like that, no probs.
I can post up some pix on Sunday, if you'd like.

When I did the stockfloor bd on my old GMC, I did exactly the same thing with mine. Never had an ounce of trouble and it also solved the clearance issues I was encountering with reusing the column shift linkage and trying to route a pipe thru there with 3 1/2" less room. I used a universal 2 1/2" cat into a 40 series flow dumped at the axle.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hey, I was supposed to post up a pic or two today, but can't find the link cable for my phone to be able to download them to my computer. Could have been packed into some of Mom's luggage after the trip. Will do as soon as I can!