Bagged downpipe pics: how are able to lay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newmatic4life

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any pics of examples of downpipes on bagged trucks, so i can build one. Any one have pics?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just pancake it multiple times.... The problem works itself out....lol nah i think i cut almost 2 inches out of mine......i will post some pics if i get a chance

newmatic4life

Reaction score
lol, thanks, thats the only part stumping me. especially the collector on the passenger side.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was a pain actually.....i had to actually pick the straightest section ....and if i remember right i didnt take the same amount out of both sides.....i forget if it was the driver or passenger side but one is angled so i had to remove more cause of the length...needless to say i had to take it off like 3 times to get it where i wanted it...whole project took like a hour

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have done this a couple of ways, but the way I prefer is run the drivers and passenger side pipes down their respective side of the trans and then run the drivers side under the tailshaft of the trans. then merge them together using a y right behind the transmission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I have done this a couple of ways, but the way I prefer is run the drivers and passenger side pipes down their respective side of the trans and then run the drivers side under the tailshaft of the trans. then merge them together using a y right behind the transmission.

this is how mine is done... only without the "Y".. i have true duals (and a check engine light.. lol)

newmatic4life

Reaction score
Thanks you guys are great. I now have less stress on the build. I've built 30+ minitrucks...this is my virgin fullsize build and it is a hole new world. My other project, 89 jimmy, i made it right hand drive, that was cake compared to this.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Had my driver side run forward & under the front of the oil pan, then back in to a 'Y' to connect with the passenger side just in front of the cat, which is in the stock position. Was worried that this would raise the engine temps, but in the 3 years it was like that, no probs.
I can post up some pix on Sunday, if you'd like.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
this is how mine was when i bought it, PO must of raised it cuz it sat in TIGHT!!!! i had to clearance it a little bit

You must be registered for see images attach