Bad fuel feed and return assembly pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this part go bad on these trucks specially a 1997 k1500 I’ve been having a hot misfire/no start problem I went to check fuel pressure and now the Schrader valve won’t hold pressure and is shooting out like a fire hose. Maybe it’s gumming up when it gets hot or something and not allowing sufficient fuel pressure to my injectors. Never the less I have one in order and will be changing it out later this afternoon

You must be registered for see images attach

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schrader valves do fail, occasionally. I've never had one fail to seal on a fuel rail, but have replaced quite a few on AC systems and tires. I'm surprised you couldn't get a replacement valve instead of the entire line assembly.

CW73

Reaction score
Yes I've seen them leak.. but not enough to cause a misfire. I've seen the lines on the frame leading up to that assembly corrode internally causing injectors to get clogged.

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely not the cause of my issue just my bad luck with this setup, I Love the truck but not a fan of the poor technology that was used as an excuse for a drivetrain. When she runs good she purs when she’s broke it’s a nitemaire to troubleshoot and fix

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parts do get old and can rust from the insides. Most of the time it's bad quality of gas and water in the poor quality of gas.
If you think back this was new technology in it's time and things have improved since then. We have better tech now.

Blue Mule