Backfire/misfire loss of power when takiing off from a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92C1500

Reaction score
I've had this issue ever since I've had the truck, but it happens so rarely that I ignore it for the most part. Wondering if any one else has had this issue, and what they have done to resolve it. Sometimes, if I'm at a stop and take off in first gear, even letting the clutch out easy, and then going WOT the truck will backfire very loud, lose all power and acceleration almost as if it had just stalled. Then If I let off the gas all the way for 1 second, and back into it WOT the powers back in full force, full acceleration. Any idea what this may be?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
x2 on fuel issue, pump pressure or filters(main filer or pump sock) even fuel with water in it can cause that so if you fill up at the same place all the time they could have a water issue

92C1500

Reaction score
I don't think it's the fuel filter I just replaced that not too long ago. If that is what you are referring to. But I'll have to check on if it's the fuel pump and check the fuel pressue. I was kind of thinking the FPR too.