Aztec/GP needles don't fit 92-94 clusters.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
The shaft for the gauge motor is too narrow for the post on the new needles, unfortunately. The older needles use a brass press-fit, not plastic, and there isn't really a way to do it, unless I spend about four hours with a drill and some epoxy.

No biggie, just putting it out there for "tribal knowledge".

While I'm adding things- 1993 and 1994 odometers have incompatable shaftdesigns. The 93 uses a notched shaft with a spring between the odometer and trip meter, and the 94 uses a d-shaped shaft, with a plastic link. Happily enough, they entire assembly does swap and function between the two.

Last edited:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Sorry to hear they won't be able to work. That is good info to know in the future.

I still think you should make them work though. You will be the only person that has them in a 88-94 dash. :)

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
The shaft for the gauge motor is too narrow for the post on the new needles, unfortunately. The older needles use a brass press-fit, not plastic, and there isn't really a way to do it, unless I spend about four hours with a drill and some epoxy.

No biggie, just putting it out there for "tribal knowledge".

While I'm adding things- 1993 and 1994 odometers have incompatable shaftdesigns. The 93 uses a notched shaft with a spring between the odometer and trip meter, and the 94 uses a d-shaped shaft, with a plastic link. Happily enough, they entire assembly does swap and function between the two.

great information- repping you for your hardship and the information! I thought they were the same