Axle Shims: 4" Shackle Flip 1" Zero Rate AAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know this is a reach, but, does anyone have experience with the 4" ORD shackle flips, and 1" Zero Rate AAL?

I'm using those to lift the rear of my truck, instead of the 4" tapered block. I'm wondering what degree shims I should guess to order.
I know it's a long shot, any help is appreciated.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have a shackle flip set sitting in my garage If that helps lol

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I were you, I would install the kit and then measure your angles and order the shims you need. Or ask ORD what they recommend and possibly order a couple different sizes and return what you dont need if you need the truck up and running. I drove around for a few days with my pinion angle off a few degrees and everything was fine.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I would install the kit and then measure your angles and order the shims you need. Or ask ORD what they recommend and possibly order a couple different sizes and return what you dont need if you need the truck up and running. I drove around for a few days with my pinion angle off a few degrees and everything was fine.

Sorry if this is a dumb question (still learnin' this chit), but how do you go about measuring pinion/axle angles?

K1500_Mike

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing. I Have the ORD 4" Shackles and a Procomp 6" waiting to be installed and i just forgot about these.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will get 5.5" the rough country tapered blocks are 4 degrees, my truck has no vibrations and its got the 4" and a 2" add a leaf. however when you lower the end of the leaf the leaf surface flattens out so you might not need a 4 degree shim