Shackle flip with body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeslinger31

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures with a 3” body lift?

94 k1500 Ecsb I currently have 5” tapered blocks

Reason for change. 4l80e and 1ton borg tcase had the two piece shaft from the donor truck shortened. Need the axle pinion to go back down 6 degrees for proper angles

Looking at doing
WFO concepts shackle flip
ORD zero rate aal

Worried the pinion angle will be too high to correct with 6 degree shims and the flip brackets.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What exactly do you want pictures of? I have a 3" body lift on a 94 K1500.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need the axle pinion to go back down? Is the angle on your blocks facing the right way? If your blocks are angled then that should've brought your pinion angle back pretty close to where it should be.

Give ORD a call, they should be able to help you out. They have a shackle flip setup too

Keeslinger31

Reaction score
You need the axle pinion to go back down? Is the angle on your blocks facing the right way? If your blocks are angled then that should've brought your pinion angle back pretty close to where it should be.

Give ORD a call, they should be able to help you out. They have a shackle flip setup too

Ya with the two piece shaft I need the pinion not to be angled up as it would with a one piece shaft
The blocks are 5” 6 degree small end to the front they worked fine with the 4l60 and np241 with the slip yoke

but I swapped in a 4l80 with the borg 1 ton transfer case which has a fixed yoke

I had the two piece shaft shortened to fit since it came out of a long bed dually

now my angles are
4 degree t case yoke
7 degree first shaft
10 degree rear shaft
16 degree pinion

that’s 6 degree operating angle on the rear u joint it needs to be 3 or less

there isn’t any up or down of the center bearing left without messing up the other u joint angles

so if I took out the 6 degree blocks and replaced them with flat blocks that would work but can’t even find them in steel without the ford bumps too and extra price

I don’t want 5” blocks anyways so flip shackles would be better but with flip shackles It will rotate the pinion up and I’ll have the same issue with the pinion being to far rotated upwards.

I was curious if anyone had a shackle flip with a three inch body lift so I could see how it looks and how far the spring hangs down

I’m not a big fan of lift springs because the arch on a 5” lift spring will limit travel and won’t ride as good as a stock flat spring

My original idea around the 5” blocks would be to add a leaf from the factory one ton leafs and make a 1 or 2 inch zero rate out of the factory overload springs and then get a shorter block of about 2 or 3 inches. But still having blocks and adding a leaf will stiffen the spring.

The shackle flip wouldn’t need a block as the wfo one is 5” and then I could just use the 3/8 zero rate aal to move the axle back giving me flex and keeping spring rate stock

I was curious if anyone had done this and measured the pinion angle because I don’t want to put more than a 6 degree shim in.
I could reweld the perches but I don’t want to go that far with this truck in case of replacement later

so if I could find someone with the flip shackles who could measure the pinion angle change from either stock or 6 degree blocks and someone with both a body lift and flip shackles so I can see what it looks like from the rear it would be awesome and help me determine what path to go

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a one ton that I SAD's, tho I replaced the springs, it rode AWESOME. Cheapo Procomp 5.5" springs.

Keeslinger31

Reaction score
I had a one ton that I SAD's, tho I replaced the springs, it rode AWESOME. Cheapo Procomp 5.5" springs.
Forgive my ignorance but what’s is SADs? Solid axle somethings? I looked it up but didn’t find anything
But you are saying that the pro Comp leafs aren’t too bad.
I had considered them I just wasn’t sure if they would last or how they rode the jeep guys dont seem to be a fan

Did you notice a decrease in their flexibility im still running the ifs so I need all the flex I can get out back

edit: after reading again I’m sure you meant sas and the rear or front or both you had pro comp springs I will keep them in mind

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes SAS. Stupid smart phone changes it to what it thinks it should be. It flexed great, even after I added a **** ton of leaves lol.