Auto trans shift handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeekstr

Reaction score
Hi. My 1992 shift handle is loose and sloppy. Is there a tutorial on how to fix? Thanks

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There should be a torx or hex screw underneath that comes loose. Snug it back up and you should be good to go. There’s several threads on it here if you get stuck.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many folks will not address their own mistakes nearly as publicly as they will everyone else's. This is magnified in online interactions where consequences are largely insignificant. It is therefore (sadly) worthy of recognition when someone does.

Zeekstr

Reaction score
There should be a torx or hex screw underneath that comes loose. Snug it back up and you should be good to go. There’s several threads on it here if you get stuck.
Thanks. I was referring to the actual shifter.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi. My 1992 shift handle is loose and sloppy. Is there a tutorial on how to fix? Thanks
Mine is loose also. In my case it’s the spring in the column and it’s a pain to get out. We couldn’t get it so I deal with the loose handle. There’s also a plastic piece in there also.