Auto to Manual swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale Greb

Reaction score
I have a 92 K1500 with a 350 in it and a 700r4 trans. im looking to swap to an nv3500. I have the 5 speed transmission but I need the clutch and brake pedal assembly...does anyone know where I can find some? and I heard I need a new ecm for it, is this also true? thanks for any info

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
check engine light will be on if you reuse the ecu. you need different driveshaft, all hydraulic clutch parts, master, line, and slave, clutch setup, flywheel, brake pedal and clutch pedal. best options for most of that is a junkyard. Also make a hole in the floor and firewall.

Dale Greb

Reaction score
Do the brake and clutch come as a pair like trucks before that year? I got everything to swap it but I only got the clutch pedal, no brake pedal...I figured that meant the original brake pedal could be cut an used. Trucks like that are rare to find in my area so getting a donor truck isn't really an easy option

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did my 95, the brake arm was the same, only the pad was different. So I could have just cut the pad down to fit the narrower rubber pad, but didn't realize this until I had both arms out and side by side. The clutch pedal and bracket is separate from the brake. The was a knockout on the firewall for the rod to go through. Just had to open it up.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Dale Greb

Reaction score
Okay great..I ended up finding the same info after further study..it's just good to have assurance. Thank you