ATF draining into T-case. need a how to/ write up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
The info in the link is correct. My 94 does the same thing. I just keep the levels right. Lol.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove t case and replace input shaft seal on tcase. Some models are a double lipped seal others are 2 seperate seals.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real easy most of them have a bunch of 10mm bolts on the flange the tcase input seal resides that you can pull off put new seal in, reseal the little housing and bolt back onto tcase. Get one from gm or really match one up closely aftermarket the fella above is right with the double lip.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
To take out the t-case do I remove torsion bars as well? I also have trailing arms in front of the torsion bars. Looks like it won't fit in that gap.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You usually do not have to take down torsion bars. Not sure if you are doing this on floor or lift but put jack with piece of wood on corner of trans pan (corners are strongest you do not want to dent pan in middle because it could choke the filter if pushed far enough), pull cross member and trans mount. Drop both driveshafts. Remove any sensors or shifter brackets to tcase. Take all the top tcase nuts off leaving the very 6oclock position one in. With all other nuts out get a drip bucket under just under where that last nut I told you to leave in is. Loosen the nut a few threads but not all the way and get the tcase to move back off trans a few inches at this point fluid should come out and drop into that drain bucket. Let it sit for a few mins to reduce mess. Then removr last nut all the way. Push trans up with jack as high as it can go. Have someone under there with you to "nose-dive" and gently lift/drop it out.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll fit thru the gap. It gust takes some turning and twisting that heavy pig oriented sideways. No need to pull a crossmember or jack on the Trans.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 1997 how do you get the lower tcase nut if "theres no need to pull crossmember or jack trans". You usually have to take at least the trans.mount out that hides the nut. At that point what do you use to hold trans up? Just curious. . .

Not my picture but it is pretty clear. . .

I have done countless amount of R/Rs on them, I share accurate information.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: