Are 15" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A thing of the past ? does nobody like them anymore on the OBS...... or is it get the bigger wheels cause they look cool? I am currently running 17" Motos that i cant stand they are ugly as hell!!! but if i stay lifted i was thinking of going back to 15's............lighter wheel and cheaper tires and i think it still gives a bettter ride and handling? what do you guys think.

onetongwa

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 15 inch centerline rims are housed on extra wide 15 inch tires with slightly taller than normal side walls and I have a very smooth highway and street ride. I have street type all terrain tires without the aggressive mud tire look. Also running monroe reflex shocks on a 2wd 1500.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think it all depends on the style of the wheel. but i say 16--17s looks the best.

maybe thats true, but when i took off my 315/70/17's and put on my 33/12.50/15's on Eagle 058 15x10 i got ALOT of thumbs up on the highway and compliments sitting in the parking lot.

I still see alot of offroader using 15's

But i still say you cant beat the Mickey classics or the eagle 058 are just the perfect rim for the OBS.........In my opinion of course.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
maybe thats true, but when i took off my 315/70/17's and put on my 33/12.50/15's on Eagle 058 15x10 i got ALOT of thumbs up on the highway and compliments sitting in the parking lot.

I still see alot of offroader using 15's

But i still say you cant beat the Mickey classics or the eagle 058 are just the perfect rim for the OBS.........In my opinion of course.

i agree with you 100%. even 15's look good. but if i were you i would just go with 17's since you have the tires. unless you dont like the tires.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Love 33s on 15" wheels for these trucks... I've also given a lot of debate with going back to a 15" wheel, they look super tough on 4x4 400s.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i agree with you 100%. even 15's look good. but if i were you i would just go with 17's since you have the tires. unless you dont like the tires.

I think the Motos are fugly!!! and no i dont like my Nittos now, they are really F...kin noisy on the highway and they are a P rated a/t!!! WTF!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Love 33s on 15" wheels for these trucks... I've also given a lot of debate with going back to a 15" wheel, they look super tough on 4x4 400s.

but this is a lifted 2wd so you dont care :crazy: hahaha

I think the Motos are fugly!!! and no i dont like my Nittos now, they are really F...kin noisy on the highway and they are a P rated a/t!!! WTF!

then kick it old school... 15x8's Classic II's or 058's with some 33/12.50 BFG KO's

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
then kick it old school... 15x8's Classic II's or 058's with some 33/12.50 BFG KO's

I was thinking some 15x10's............ even thinking of going with some glass fenders up front and pulled bedsides but then i would need 315's atleast.... I love the pre runner look.

I could make mine into a Bro runner!! ha ha ...... ya im seriouse!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I was thinking some 15x10's............ even thinking of going with some glass fenders up front and pulled bedsides but then i would need 315's atleast.... I love the pre runner look.

I could make mine into a Bro runner!! ha ha ...... ya im seriouse!

idk, i had 15x10s with 35" KO's and i hated the look of the wide rims. but thats just me...
You must be registered for see images attach