Apologies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Sounds like your Dad and mine may be related. It never helps to be so blunt when this is only the first step on a long journey of learning a skill. Encouragement will take you as lot further. At least you can say you gave it a go.
Yup I did my best. Bed is shot anyway so what did it really do anyway.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well said. Mine is fabbed up also I tried to fix some bed wheel well rust. And it's not good
You must be registered for see images attach
but no one would help.
From a life long, body/paint/collision guy......... you have potential. lol Not everyone has the patience or finesse to "get it"

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
My grandfather was a master body worker and a great painter. Sadly he stopped b4 I was born in 06 and we were gonna do our first project together. And a week after he told me that he got into a chemical explosion at his job. Spent atleast 3 months in icu. And eventually passed in August at the hospital:confused: but I think he would laugh at me and be proud at the same time. I miss ya. RIP.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My grandfather was a master body worker and a great painter. Sadly he stopped b4 I was born in 06 and we were gonna do our first project together. And a week after he told me that he got into a chemical explosion at his job. Spent atleast 3 months in icu. And eventually passed in August at the hospital:confused: but I think he would laugh at me and be proud at the same time. I miss ya. RIP.
I can tell your Grandfather was a good man by "I think he would laugh at me and be proud at the same time", see that's what makes a good mentor. You have just had your first attempt at something he is really good at, you know it doesn't match up to his standards but what better way to ease your apprehension at his forthcoming comments than to throw some humour out there and have a good laugh, it doesn't matter because he will always be proud of you. Then he would have started pointing out the faults, but balanced them with suggestions of how to improve next time. The best way to improve is to finish by looking for one aspect that you can do better next time and eventually you will become man he was. You passed the first test, you had a go, now keep pushing forward and think of your grandfather while you are working, like he is looking over your shoulder.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes we make our own style. Since I consider myself a high-ranking member in el-cheapo club, some of my "rust repair" is professional. I salvaged the good front fenders off my 92 parts truck, and am sanding/rattle-can them for my 94. It looks great... from across the parking lot.
It's a style! A symbol the old truck survived "xx" amount of years.
With enough power to keep up with my brother's bmw 325i, it puts a smile on my face every day!
Who cares if it looks raggedy? It's paid for and does what I need! With all the safety crap and nonsense sensors on newer vehicles, I'll keep the old gmt400 going, because I actually can!
That tape, those paint runs on my fenders? That's character! It's a sign: "paid for, still going strong, and I fixed it myself"!
I'll ramble a bit here. I only ever did mechanical work, never touching body stuff. My truck is my education. With nothing but common sense and a GED, my rolling education is proof of my growing abilities. Today's individuals seem more concerned with paperwork, like educational degrees, than actual proof of ability. At the end of the day, I can pull into your driveway with proof of my ability, rather than a piece of paper that says "I was taught things from a book". Mine looks redneck fabbed because I made the mistakes on my own. Now I know what not to do next time!
Enough of my rambles! Y'all are great!
Here here!

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of posting. On a bright note I have nothing to ask about thats good.
Oh man, I got you!

The rig is up on jack stands (all 4 corners)

I was installing a new to me used BBK performance underdrive pulley serpentine pulley when I stripped the harmonic balancer thread. So, I said F*** it and removed it all...

I have rebuilt the rear end and the tranny and I have not touched the engine yet with over 500K miles, but...

Right now it's getting:
New oil pan gasket set
New timing cover gasket set
Sanded and painted the timing cover black
New timing chain
New water pump
New tensioner assembly and pulley
Used Gibson shorty headers
Used BBK Performance Underdrive pulley system (3 pulleys)
'99 11 blade plastic fan
New fan clutch
Used '99 radiator
New '99 oil cooler lines
Sanded and painted the steering pump pulley black
New radiator hoses and t-stat

and I'm sure I'm missing something...

Even though she is 31 years old and 17 years new to me...she is my beast and I love her! She's my ride or die...gotta keep her till we both gone!

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were born in 2006?

Dang I'm old.

Truck looks fine BTW.Especially for a first time job.

swb charlie

Reaction score
Well said. Mine is fabbed up also I tried to fix some bed wheel well rust. And it's not good
but no one would help.
and at 80 mph no one will notice

Treble

Reaction score
I ate tag soup this year-

I was able to monitor the truck and actually watch it going to Regen. Website says it's compatible with any 96 and up but can't remember if it's for diesel only. It's gotta be compatible with gas right?

THOSE EGT's are off the chart.... If I ever get my skinny fat *** out of this city I'm immediately going to get an off road package for my 16. You hear me government cheese.