Anyone want a custom cluster made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Have any diesel clusters with the wait to start/water in fuel/ect dummy lights?

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

I think the 5K tach one I have is, I will double check after work. If I don't have it there's a diesel Suburban at the yard I can grab it from

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I haven't yet, but have been looking into it (have a buddy with an '88). There are two trucks at the yard right now with the later clusters, I can pick one up and see what I can do with it. It may take a little bit, I'll have to make another standalone harness to test it with

mine is an 89... i don't mind the moonies... i have 2 spare clusters (also moonies), but kind of want to update to the needle type with tach. i'm interested in finding out how it goes with your buddies 88.. im definitely interested.. keep me in mind.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
mine is an 89... i don't mind the moonies... i have 2 spare clusters (also moonies), but kind of want to update to the needle type with tach. i'm interested in finding out how it goes with your buddies 88.. im definitely interested.. keep me in mind.

So, after (finally) doing some research on it, it would be impossible to do a plug-and-play without the truck here. There is some wiring and soldering required, and I cannot do that without the truck. Basically all I can really do is customize a cluster and send you most of the parts you would need (adapter plug w/partial harness, DRAC). I have a link to a very helpful writeup as well

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
So, after (finally) doing some research on it, it would be impossible to do a plug-and-play without the truck here. There is some wiring and soldering required, and I cannot do that without the truck. Basically all I can really do is customize a cluster and send you most of the parts you would need (adapter plug w/partial harness, DRAC). I have a link to a very helpful writeup as well

i'll have to read up on it some..it's been a while. i'll have my dash out (most likely) this fall/winter to do the interior, that would be a good time to dive into it.

Reaction score
do you have any pictures by chance? im very intrested and could maybe pick it up from you without shipping as i will be in wylie next month lol