Anyone use a K&N 63 1007-1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look pretty cool, but not sure about it. I'm running a stock setup but with a K&N replacement filter right now.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you're going for but for one thing I seriously doubt you'll see any additional power. I run a K&N FIPK kit and the only difference I could really tell was that the engine compartment got louder. Your stock TBI setup has a tube that actually pulls cool air from the hole in the fender, if you go to an open element you'll be pulling warm air from the engine compartment. Might look neat but personally I wouldn't spend the money. I'm going to be putting my factory air box back on in place of my K&N.

EDIT - Didn't realize Volant made a kit for TBI motors. If you want a better intake that actually utilizes the cool air fender hole then get a Volant 15857.

DOUBLE EDIT - There's a REALLY good deal on a TBI Volant right here on this site actually. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?23465-Fog-light-switches-volant-temp-mirror-outside-heated-mirrors-and-more

Last edited: