Anyone running 8" subs in their ext cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nt2old

Reaction score
I am looking for ideas. My plan is to try and fit 4 8" subs under the seat in my 95 ext cab. Just curious to see if anyone else has tried this.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m running one Pioneer SWX2002 loaded 8” box with an old JL 250.1 amp. It’s plenty loud for my taste.

.30Cal ammo cans should give you an idea of the size.

You must be registered for see images attach

nt2old

Reaction score
I’m running one Pioneer SWX2002 loaded 8” box with an old JL 250.1 amp. It’s plenty loud for my taste.

.30Cal ammo cans should give you an idea of the size.

Looks great and nice and small enough to fit under your seat and not lose any space. I am going just a little bigger, lol. I'm looking at doing something like this. I got this picture off the SKAR website, I know its not an OBS but it does fuel the fire to build mine.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking for ideas. My plan is to try and fit 4 8" subs under the seat in my 95 ext cab. Just curious to see if anyone else has tried this.

I started with the same plan, I over do everything and got greedy , have 4 soundqubed hds2.108s on 3k. Ended up building a temp box that sits ON the rear seat. Had amps,dsp,and all fuseblocks/distribution blocks mounted on rear wall behind rear seat, also two sealed batteries behind passenger side of rear seat. Long story short, don't waste ur time mounting **** to rear wall cause even with ample sounddeadening that wall turns to jello and will break stuff that's on it. My amps r mounted under the seat now and subs still on the rear seat. I finally talked myself into realizing no one is ever gonna sit back there and am gonna get another 4 8s, and another 3k amp and just wall my truck behind the front seats. Maybe even go up from floor and make a shelf as high as rear window idk yet .
My 8s r monsters, whole truck is deadened and still threatens to come apart every time I turn it up. Waiting on a broken rear window so I can replace it with Plexi.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AlohaOBS

Reaction score
I’m running 2 Sundown 8’s in my OBS, however it’s a regular cab. Output is very impressive for only 600 watts (sundown sae-600d) My mids and highs are a different story LOL.

AlohaOBS

Reaction score
The box is 1.5 cubes tuned to 36hz, slot ported. I used to run a 1.6 cube box tuned to 32hz with an aero port, but I feel like it was tuned lower than expected.