Anyone recognize this under seat sub box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone recognize where these are from/for?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Subs. Looks like custom boxes.

Last edited:

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out they are Q-Logic 10" sub boxes for the extended cab from 88 to 2000.
This set was never used, and still new from a purchase over 20 years ago.
They have a ABS cap that can be painted to match, and that is pretty unique to them.
I found a link on Crutchfield-

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-rNBnP...y-fit-Subwoofer-Enclosures-1988-00-black.html

They have somewhere around .65 cubic foot each (left and right).... I am trying to figure a shallow driver for them
Pretty unique find I think.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out they are Q-Logic 10" sub boxes for the extended cab from 88 to 2000.
This set was never used, and still new from a purchase over 20 years ago.
They have a ABS cap that can be painted to match, and that is pretty unique to them.
I found a link on Crutchfield-

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-rNBnP...y-fit-Subwoofer-Enclosures-1988-00-black.html

They have somewhere around .65 cubic foot each (left and right).... I am trying to figure a shallow driver for them
Pretty unique find I think.

Man every shallow sub I have ever heard sounded like garbage, I personally would go with a mid grade full woofer like a rf prime 10 ( or equivalent ), just puts out more and deeper sound. Have two prime 12s on 800 watts in my buddies extended cab and they sound very good, 3 times the output of the American bass es12s I had on 2800 watts ( not rated wattsbut clamped watts). Just my opinion though, I have been installing for over 25 years and had my MECP cert for about 20 of those. Hope that helps out

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man every shallow sub I have ever heard sounded like garbage, I personally would go with a mid grade full woofer like a rf prime 10 ( or equivalent ), just puts out more and deeper sound. Have two prime 12s on 800 watts in my buddies extended cab and they sound very good, 3 times the output of the American bass es12s I had on 2800 watts ( not rated wattsbut clamped watts). Just my opinion though, I have been installing for over 25 years and had my MECP cert for about 20 of those. Hope that helps out

Appreciate the info...
Funny about the american bass ES 12 subs.... I was looking at those, but could not find a single person that actually had a set and could report anything, so I passed them up. They came recommended from the maker of a downfire box.
I am not against any paticular sub, just deetrmining what fits for a pair, looking for a DVC 4 Ohm so the pair can hit the amp at a 1 Ohm load and get around 800 watts combined.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Appreciate the info...
Funny about the american bass ES 12 subs.... I was looking at those, but could not find a single person that actually had a set and could report anything, so I passed them up. They came recommended from the maker of a downfire box.
I am not against any paticular sub, just deetrmining what fits for a pair, looking for a DVC 4 Ohm so the pair can hit the amp at a 1 Ohm load and get around 800 watts combined.

The rf r2d4 10s would work , you can over power those easily, especially in a sealed box. Have 800rms going to two r1 12s that r rated at 250each and they don't even get warm. As far as the ab es shallow subs, they actually sound awesome, if u put them in 2 ft3 each with alot of port area but that defeats the purpose of a shallow mount sub. The cerwin Vega subs (not the cheapies but the mid range ones) didn't sound that bad either but can't rember the model. Just make sure if u get a sub with a vented pole on back of the magnet that u give it adequate room between it and the box itself. I can garuntee you won't be disappointed with the RF subs, the kicker equivalent are good subs too. Stay away from no namers and oddballs cause you will be dissapointed for sure. Check out the American bass xo1044 , check ur depth and see if they will fit, even budget AB subs r monsters.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out the soundqubed hds2.110 s also, doubt u have the depth for those tho, like 6 1/2 deep, vs 5 1/2 deep with the AB XO

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Yea that box is only 5-3/4 mounting depth so you're pretty limited because a lot of "full size" subs are around 6-1/2 mounting depth.
Full size underseat boxes do offer 6-1/2 mounting depth and you can even get some custom made with about 7.

Shallow mount subs aren't always garbage but you are working with less, I'd try and find something that's around that depth but works with .65 air space. Most manufacturers have recommended air space for enclosures so just look for .65 sealed.

My story on shallow mounts, I had one sitting on my rear floor for all of high school, Pioneer shallow mount 12" on 450 RMS. It absolutely slammed; anyone who didn't know what I had swore that I had a full set up. It was only like 4 inches deep and was in a single .65 box. It still rides around in my buddies expedition making noise. :headbang:

I think Sundown EV3.10's will fit in that box but you'd have to check

The only brands I stay away from are the lower line RF's and all kickers except L7's. and of course all the really cheap ones obviously.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully no offense to ya but if u think a shallow sub "slammed" you haven't heard a real system lmao. But they do have thier place and serve purpose but depends on what you are looking to get out of a setup. The American bass xo1044 is 5.5" top mount depth and will absolutely eat and take plenty power IF YOUR AMP GAIN IS PROPERLY SET. I currently run 4 soundqubed 8s with 3000watts on them , which is 150 over thier rms each ( 600 overall four of em), my last setup was a single AB xfl 12 on 2k, which is 1k over rated rms.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Excuse the ****** video, YouTube uploaded it ND it looks like crap but no video does my truck juatice. Thats 4 batteries , dual runs if of oversized 1/0 , 250a alt, two amps, ppi black ice 7000.1d (@.5 ohms, clamps 2987watts) , and ppi black ice 1000.4

As for the lower RF subs, they do thier jib and don't break the bank, same as the kickers. Just depends on what u r trying to do. The pioneer subs, only ones I trust are the champ series but IMHO they won't keep up to a RF in a small enclosure like the ones the OP has. They shine in a bigger box.

And for sundown, ur gonna have to give an arm and a leg for a pair and then ur gonna realize u need more power and have to get a bigger amp. I personally am not a sundown fan, had a few pairs and they perform great but u can get comparable performance for half the price with a few other good named subs ( American bass, soundqubed, etc.) But that again I'm biased cause I just can't see paying $500 for a pair of 12s when I got 4 8s for under $400 that'll chew a pair of twelves up.

Last edited:

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Well notice I said in high school, I was pretty limited because I was broke but wanted a little bass and that shallow mount definitely did the job for the time being, but after I got a job I upgraded to two American Bass XD1244's and yes of course it's night and day difference as you would expect. They're definitely a bang for the buck kind of sub IMO and I really do like them.

That's been like 5 years ago that I got the AB's and I've been content, my truck is too daily driver right now for me to do anything past slapping an amp and subs in there for now.

I agree that sundown's are expensive but I feel like if you're in the market for them you also wouldn't cheap out on everything else. Not saying you can't get close using cheaper options.

All in all there's an entire culture out there and everyone's preference is different