Anyone ran Hercules Trail Digger tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
As the title said. I've read a few reviews online, mostly positive. I'm looking at Hercules Trail Digger M/T in 315/75R16. There is a local place with new tires for about $175/EA, which for a 35 is amazing. To get another set of MTZs they are $285/EA!

They are Made in USA by Cooper.

I love my Mickey Thompsons, and have had no problems with them. They have over 40k on them which is amazing for a MT tire, particularly one that sees towing duty. They are just SO expensive, and the red truck will retire from towing duties soon.

You must be registered for see images

BIGBLAZER

Reaction score
I had a set of 33 12.5 15 at one time back a few years and i actually liked them and would of probably bought them again when i went to 35s if they made that size in a 15in wheel. They did good in mud snow and on ice and wore pretty good.. i had 25000 on them with bout 1/2 tread or a bit less when i sold them. (had a chunk of steel go thru the side wall) and went up to 35s so i sold the 3 good ones. Seem to be a good tire for all around driving look pretty decent too i think. and for the money like you say almost cant beat it.. think i paid 140 somethin a tire back in 07 when i bout mine. cant remember who but there is someone on here who has the size your looking at.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My friend used to have them on his GMT800. They were good looking tires, they did good in the mud, and they weren't all too loud, but they sucked for him in the snow and when it was wet. He also gained about 3MPG just by switching to his new A/T tires.

So overall, I would say they're a good tire, depending on what your uses for them are.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had a set of 315/75/16s on my truck for awhile. and i had put them through pretty much every condition i could, rain, mud, ice, snow, towing, rough trials, etc. they perform very well off road, the huge lugs clear very easily and they grip rocks and other obstacles well too. just try not to rub the sidewall up against anything sharp since they only have 2 ply sides. they are pinned for studs, so if you need a good set of all around winter tires, i'd have them studded and sipped. i wish i had done that when they were new, that would've made for a pretty kick ass set of winter tires. they aren't terribly loud on the highway, although you will hear them. (i just turn up the volume knob on my stereo lol) however, they don't exactly ride the smoothest, i tried having them balanced several times. it also might have been my 15 year old Weld wheels, but i have nothing to compare it to. I feel like they are a very good tire for the money, and don't regret buying them. they are still mounted on the 16's sitting in the shed, as i have 18's with toyos now. it is nice to have a good back up set though. :lol:

Attachments

• WP_000014.jpg
    WP_000014.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 22