Anyone know what the paint code on the lower half of this truck would be??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I think the lower portion is pewter; the color looks more silver ish on overcast days or in the shade. Sunlight brings the gold aspect out. And I'm pretty sure that combo was available for a few years....
IIRC the color code is 11 on the spid. Will check on Burb; I got a partial shift today so I will be near the glovebox!
Sitting in traffic, so I carefully opened the glove box door. The color code is 11U, solid color Burb, and the Chevrolet name is Pewter Metallic. Note: this is the exact same color that Cadillac calls "Silversand" (per Cadillac Bob) and GMC calls, in '99 anyway, Light Autumnwood Metallic.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 95 K1500 I put on 3M sticky back diamond plate, then added pop rivets. I did it because truck in ruff shape... Looks nice on 4x4.... BUT DON'T do that to your truck.... Yours is nice looking CLEAN truck....

Attachments

• 6_zps7pzfjpzj.jpg
    6_zps7pzfjpzj.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 9
  • 1995 k1500 4x4 silverado.jpg
    1995 k1500 4x4 silverado.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 9

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a beautiful truck you bought !!! Congrats !!! If it was to be driven daily and in all weather snow etc..??? I would have Rino Lining tinted red on the lower to save the quality and protect the truck.. being a 4x4 truck...
X2 on what he said!! I love the 2 tone trucks as you can tell from my avatar, but, its only OEM once and thats one clean truck, PAINT and all!!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Sitting in traffic, so I carefully opened the glove box door. The color code is 11U, solid color Burb, and the Chevrolet name is Pewter Metallic. Note: this is the exact same color that Cadillac calls "Silversand" (per Cadillac Bob) and GMC calls, in '99 anyway, Light Autumnwood Metallic.
The reason I say, in '99 GMC "pewter" is Light Autumnwood Metallic, is, on one of the VIN reports that was done on Rawhide, they called the code 55U "Rawhide Metallic" and the other one called the same paint color and code "Light Autumnwood Metallic". This is on a '97 Chevy, built in late September '96. And if you've seen both my trucks, you would agree that the Burb is "pewter" which is more silvery looking, and Rawhide the crew cab is more of a gold or tan metallic color.
Not the best pic but I don't have too many of them together (40' of trucks lolol).

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_200355744_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230419_200355744_HDR.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 11

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can't go by what GM calls it, at least not in word form. My dually is victory white, but that same color is known by at least 1 other name. Same as my flame red Camaro, I think that one has 2 other names.

You must be registered for see images attach

See how there's no RPOs on this?

wantavant

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. I am going to keep the truck how it is. Will do some paint correcting, polish, and ceramic coat it. Get new wiper arms, antenna, and tint the side windows with 35%. Truck will not be driven in winter so it’s going straight from the shipping truck to my garage. Can’t wait to get it home and clean it like crazy. Anyone know where to get new oem wheels? Hopefully mine all in great shape, but I might need a wheel or two.