Anyone have a 94 or similar generation regular cab with 3" body lift and 33" tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm browsing through the members ride's but it's kind of hard to find just 3" body lift and 33" tires. I want to go 33" cause you don't necessarily have to regear unlike 35s and it's much much cheaper. But the tire shop told me that if I do a 3" body lift, it might look really small. He was really helpful and said to think it over but if I do a 3" body lift I would want 35s.

Now I think the reason he said this is because I told him I had a GMC Sierra and I think that he thought it was the newer generation which are bigger? They're like Toyota Tundra size instead of Tacoma...? That or he wasn't familiar with the 1994 model. I think the 90's generation Sierra 2500 are similar size to the toyota tacoma, ford ranger, chevy s-10 right? And then later generations get bigger and taller comparable to the dodge ram 1500, ford f150, toyota tundra, etc.

So if anyone has a picture preferably of the 1994 Sierra 2500 REGULAR cab (i have 2wd if that makes a difference) with a 3" body lift and 33" tires that would be great. Also someone running 33s on stock would be really helpful to see the comparison.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 33x12.5x15 on my 90 k1500. Not sure the height difference on a k1500 compared to.c2500 but if you check my "cleaning up the daily" thread you will see. It also will.show you a 3 inch BL on stock tires. Hope that helps.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Not a regular cab, but 3" BL on 285/75/16 (same thing as 33" tires) and no crank.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome thanks!!

Vortec Lover, did you add spacers or whatever it is called when you make the wheels stick out to give it a wider stance? Or is that stock? I am looking at 275/60R20 but it may be too narrow and tall. I like that wider stance look.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Nope, I did not use spacers. They are aftermarket rims, 16X10, with a little bit of offset to give that bull-dog look. Wider tires would make it look even wider, as you can see my rims are wider than my tire tread, haha, not exactly ideal.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah okay. Sorry what you mean by offset?
My rims (came with the car) are i believe 20x9 or 20x8.5 hoping the 275/60r20 will make it look like yours

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
"offset" and "backspacing" are ways that rims are measured. It is the measurement from the mounting surface to the edge of the rim either direction. So if it is more offset, it means that the wheel is sticking out further versus being further under the vehicle.

Are your rims already on your truck? If so any pics? That could help us tell you how much tires will help. 95% of the time rims give you the wide look more than tires.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"offset" and "backspacing" are ways that rims are measured. It is the measurement from the mounting surface to the edge of the rim either direction. So if it is more offset, it means that the wheel is sticking out further versus being further under the vehicle.

Are your rims already on your truck? If so any pics? That could help us tell you how much tires will help. 95% of the time rims give you the wide look more than tires.
Thanks...

Here are some pictures. I bought it with the rims on the car and I plan to black it out with paint or plasti dip. But would like bigger times, right now they're 245/50r20 so they're around 29" and pretty tiny. The rear just blew out today.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your truck 2wd? See my avatar for my old reg cab. 3" body 15x10 -44 offset and 33x12.50 tires.