Anyone ever do a ram air setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montess85

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1999 2door Tahoe and I have probably every bolt on mod you can do it....I was wondering if anyone has done ram air on these trucks before.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1999 2door Tahoe and I have probably every bolt on mod you can do it....I was wondering if anyone has done ram air on these trucks before.

I was just about to post the same thing... i was wondering what the factory wheel well intake looked like behind the fender, wether it can be modified at all then just run the factory box and redo the plumbing type thing...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've seen a guy around here with an HD bumper use the holes as a 'ram air' system by attaching dryer hose from the bumper to a CAI. Painted the inside of the hose black where it was visible through the bumper. Does it work? The owner claimed it did, but I would think that it wouldn't until you were going highway speeds.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You could just not screw around with ram air and just turbo charge it!

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys this is going to sound retarded but can anyone explain how a "true" ram air should function? I have the traditional 2" cowl hood on my truck and I'd like for it to actually function. Good timing too because I'm actually in the middle of a bunch of "increasing airflow" mods (tb spacer, powercharger, and injector spacer) along with trying to figure out the best air intake system to run...Not trying to hi-jack at all but if someone could explain it generally and briefly, that would help others looking...I understand how the ram air hood works pictured above but I was interested how I could get my style cowl hood to function?