anybody runing stock 15" alloys with a wider than stock tire on a 4/6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
i definitely dont want my truck looking like that southern comfort crap, i want it to look "hotrodded" i guess would be the correct term, low and mean looking, just with the black wall out. all this until i can save the money for some torque thrust or coys. :D

"hotrodded"? well first ya need 10" rims in the back and 4" rims in the front :D lol....I think I know what you're looking for, static dropped with tires poking out just a tad all the way around? If so, get some deep dish or some reversed steelies.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
5/6 Drop with 255/60/15 front & 275/60/15 rear...

You must be registered for see images attach

BIG MAC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4/6 drop with 255/70's

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah a 255 would be good i ran 275/60/15 at stock height and they rubbed on the frame. cant imagine how bad it would rub with it lowered now on a 2/4 drop.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
yeah a 255 would be good i ran 275/60/15 at stock height and they rubbed on the frame. cant imagine how bad it would rub with it lowered now on a 2/4 drop.

Did they rub front or back? and what wheels were you using? For them to rub frame at stock height is odd.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine are 275/60s

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Where did they rub? I've seen other trucks (454SS) with a 2/4 drop running 275/60-15's. I'm in the market for tires right now, & have been considering this size on my truck with the same drop.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, you would pretty much have to have perfect offset to not catch frame and fender lip. Mine at stock height didn't catch, but when lowered, the edge of the tread caught the lip of the fender. I don't know what the perfect offset would be, but if ya tell me what your offset was along with rim width, I could probably figure it out compared to mine. Seems it would be an offset between our's.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the stock off set because when i bought this truck it only had 80 thousand miles on it and i was the second owner. When i had it checked out by my gm mechanic he told me that everything was original equipment on it (even the alt and battery which was crazy) plus it hadnt been lined up since the original farm owner bought it in 90 still have to get the upper control arm nock out plates removed so i can get my caster straightned out. it came with 235s on it which i hated and immediatly changed to 255 michilens ltx's which became weather roited and i changed to 275/60/15 bfg which were the best tires in the world in IMO.