anybody know what this is ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'm working on this swap, and i've got most things figured out except this... any idea what it is? It starts right behind the throttle body, and runs to the back of the motor. i'm stumped. some sort of vacuum line i guess, but i cant seem to figure out what it goes to.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

also, theres a tee fitting on the transmission. one end goes towards the motor and is fixed in place, and has some sort of cap/vent on it. the hose coming out of the other end of the tee is is loose, and has nothing on it. it goes about to the end of the tailshaft. is this also just a vent tube?

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Part of the pcv system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That line shown is for the Evap emission vent line. It goes between the Purge Valve on the intake and then down to the check valve on top of the gas tank on the newer trucks. That green cap is for evap testing. IF your not going to use the evap system. plug it off.

And that line of the transmission is a vent hose.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That line shown is for the Evap emission vent line. It goes between the Purge Valve on the intake and then down to the check valve on top of the gas tank on the newer trucks. That green cap is for evap testing. IF your not going to use the evap system. plug it off.

And that line of the transmission is a vent hose.

Thank you very much. Is there any standard way of plugging it off? Some sort of thing you can buy?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I put a vacuum cap down inside the hole where the evap solenoid went.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Guess I should of looked at the second pic... first one looks identical to the pcv line that connects before the tb on my LS3... but yeah it does look like part of the evap system, my bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Thanks BHB. I like what your doing with that suburban btw. very sick. Not to keep with the questions, but where did you pick up this Vacuum cap? Thanks again man.

No problem.

I bought a small selection of caps that came in a box from autozone. I think it was a dorman product.

Sent from an obama phone

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I put a vacuum cap down inside the hole where the evap solenoid went.

I would have done the same thing. Just be sure that the computer your using doesn't have the evap system programed into it, or you will always have check engine light issues