Any one using these LED headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used a different make but very similar to those in my '96 Z71. The lights on my truck are very poor in illuminating the road. I replaced the whole asy's with new & added "white light" but still were poor. I ordered these ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...979.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dV4lNYM ) for my BMW but kept getting an ERROR message so put them in the truck. Lighting is much better, IMO, but not sure what on coming drivers see. I actually was able to install in both Hi & Low beams. only had them installed about 3 weeks so time will tell.
They look like similar design. Due to snow I still haven't gotten mine. I'm pretty happy with my junkyard silverstars and the head light switch bypass/ relay

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a cheap set of led bulbs. I really like them. I adjusted my headlight housings down a bit to not irritate other drivers. Throws way more light than stock. Way better visibility at night.

SHRT 1

Reaction score
Those ebaylights will prove out to be short lived junk. I bought cheap LEDs for all the interior/dome lamps and had issues with them flickering or burn out with in a month or 2. There is a reason they are cheap.
I did replace my low beam bulbs with Race Sport 9006TLED bulbswhich are PnP. The pattern is good and the color is 6500K - very white without the blue tint, huge improvment over the OEM bulbs. Also replaced the housings with GM OEM ones
https://www.racesportinc.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=9006TLED

Will be buying the 9007TLED high beams soon.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I adjusted my headlight housings down a bit to not irritate other drivers.

Adjusting the housings down will help some, but it doesn't solve the problem. Matching the housing with the bulb type it was designed for is the only way to get a truly correct light pattern on the road. I'll save everyone the long-winded explanation because it's been beaten to death here in the past and I doubt anyone wants to read it in this thread anyway. For anyone interested in learning more though, here's a link to a very informative headlight thread that was posted a couple years back.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyder-headlamps-my-take-on-em-and-lighting-in-general.36647/

The CandlePower forums are also a good resource to learn more.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some of the eBay ones and they lasted about a month. They burned out when I was the middle of nowhere on a country road late at night.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought some of the eBay ones and they lasted about a month. They burned out when I was the middle of nowhere on a country road late at night.
I'm not going use mine unless in the high beam. The silverstars are amazing once you do the headlight switch relay bypass.
I'm still trying to figure out why my running lights don't flash when I use my key fob. And the drl module if it's related and why my hazard lights don't work

skyd

Reaction score
I put those in my truck and they are way better/brighter than the old bulbs and throw the light just fine in the reflextor housing. Maybe i just got lucky, but i say try them and worse thing that happens is your out $10

Note: i’ve been running them for over a year and drove across country with them.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put those in my truck and they are way better/brighter than the old bulbs and throw the light just fine in the reflextor housing. Maybe i just got lucky, but i say try them and worse thing that happens is your out $10

Note: i’ve been running them for over a year and drove across country with them.
Interesting. Well I saw the eBay seller had sold quite a few of them.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They arrived . Are these actually small enough to fit?
You must be registered for see images attach