Any one using these LED headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viru

Reaction score
You'll want to stay away from any lights with a cooling fan - it's always the first thing to fail, and once it does the LEDs overheat and burn out very quickly.

I test numerous light designs for the LED kits I supply, and have learned to always go fanless.

Before you ask: my GMT400 retrofit kit is still in testing, but should be available soon at a pretty reasonable price point.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll want to stay away from any lights with a cooling fan - it's always the first thing to fail, and once it does the LEDs overheat and burn out very quickly.

I test numerous light designs for the LED kits I supply, and have learned to always go fanless.

Before you ask: my GMT400 retrofit kit is still in testing, but should be available soon at a pretty reasonable price point.
I haven't tried them anyway. Don't feel like pulling my grill.

Viru

Reaction score
Definitely inconvenient that the grill needs to come off to replace the high beams. Out of curiosity - do you run a 4-high kit?

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely inconvenient that the grill needs to come off to replace the high beams. Out of curiosity - do you run a 4-high kit?
No. With the relay and silverstars in the low beam the high beams are a joke and not needed. We just drove 150 miles at night from Kingman Arizona to Prescott to pick up Tahoe and they were amazing on the dark roads and the high beams we're so weak in comparison. A relay would need to be added for high beams to bring them up to par. And I'm too lazy to try these led bulbs till something burns out.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all-

For what its worth I installed these in cheap chinese smoked lenses on my k2500 and its a significant upgrade to light output and brightness. I was able to get lucky and not have to adjust bulbs as the spread and adjustments were only slightly done with the lenses. Plug and Play! No cutting or mods needed... only issue is the + and - are backwards so I wrapped with electrical tape as the clip was on the wrong side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IRONWALLS-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all-

For what its worth I installed these in cheap chinese smoked lenses on my k2500 and its a significant upgrade to light output and brightness. I was able to get lucky and not have to adjust bulbs as the spread and adjustments were only slightly done with the lenses. Plug and Play! No cutting or mods needed... only issue is the + and - are backwards so I wrapped with electrical tape as the clip was on the wrong side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IRONWALLS-9005-HB3-LED-Headlight-Kit-2200W-330000LM-Hi-Lo-Beam-Bulb-6000K-White/303245570074?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
We have so kinda lens polish at work. Something they sell on amazon chemical guys headlight restorer. Works great

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got some LED lowbeams from C6 and they are great. Lets see how long they last. They light up way better than what i had especially in the city after a rain was worst for me. I couldnt tell what lane i was in or anything cause it would all get flushed with the street lights and oncoming cars lights would shine of the wet road. These lights remind me of my 2017 stock LED. I ordered the high beams and not looking forward to changing those cause i got that brush guard in front. Imagine 4 hi mod with all LED lights. lol