Any one using these LED headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That looks like a nice improvement! I have added relays to my red truck in a similar manner but I never got around to it on my Suburban and it really shows. They're running the exact same lights down to the bulbs and the red truck is much brighter. One of these days I need to get off my ass and upgrade the harness in the Suburban.

I wish GM would have run the lights off of relays to begin with instead of through the switch. That extra voltage at the sockets really helps.

The only other thing I'll mention again is that I'm not a big fan of SilverStar bulbs. The blue tint on the bulb glass really cuts down on the output, with a few rare exceptions like on the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs. Those just have the blue rings to bring the brightness back into legal spec as the filament burns so brightly to begin with. I'd recommend Sylvania XtraVision if you want a common option that you can get off pretty much any parts store shelf including Wal-Mart. If you don't mind ordering bulbs then the Philips Xtreme Vision +100s are about the best you can get.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a few sets of other Sylvania bulbs I'm not sure what they all are I just returned
That looks like a nice improvement! I have added relays to my red truck in a similar manner but I never got around to it on my Suburban and it really shows. They're running the exact same lights down to the bulbs and the red truck is much brighter. One of these days I need to get off my ass and upgrade the harness in the Suburban.

I wish GM would have run the lights off of relays to begin with instead of through the switch. That extra voltage at the sockets really helps.

The only other thing I'll mention again is that I'm not a big fan of SilverStar bulbs. The blue tint on the bulb glass really cuts down on the output, with a few rare exceptions like on the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs. Those just have the blue rings to bring the brightness back into legal spec as the filament burns so brightly to begin with. I'd recommend Sylvania XtraVision if you want a common option that you can get off pretty much any parts store shelf including Wal-Mart. If you don't mind ordering bulbs then the Philips Xtreme Vision +100s are about the best you can get.
I have some other Sylvania bulbs playing around I don't know exactly what they are they actually returned a set of extra Visions at Walmart they're about $19 for a pair so I'll just run these for a while they are very bright and if people start flashing their headlights at me and might switch to the other ones the difference is absolutely night and day is a drastic difference I don't even like looking at the lights straight on now and where I park it lights up the whole backyard now I took a drive around the block and some of the dark areas and I can see very good and quite far ahead they seemed pretty well focused not a lot of scatter

You must be registered for see images attach

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Side view

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You've done more to improve your lighting situation than those drop-in 9006 LEDs ever would've. And keeping halogen bulbs in halogen reflectors means you won't be irritating any other drivers. Nice work! :waytogo:

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've done more to improve your lighting situation than those drop-in 9006 LEDs ever would've. And keeping halogen bulbs in halogen reflectors means you won't be irritating any other drivers. Nice work! :waytogo:
Im pretty impressed with the switch mod.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some pics at night in a really dark area. Granite dells

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

s98gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of doing the relay upgrade. It's an enormous improvement. DRLs are the same brightness as low beams, but it isn't really a problem. I'm also running the Spyder housings. I never did change my bulbs.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of doing the relay upgrade. It's an enormous improvement. DRLs are the same brightness as low beams, but it isn't really a problem. I'm also running the Spyder housings. I never did change my bulbs.
I don't seem to have functional drl but the truck being a 97 sle should have them. I prefer them.