Any idea of what this plug used to be hooked up to ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGD42069

Reaction score
Looks likes it comes from the back of the convenience block but now it just hangs . This comes from a 1988 k1500
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cruise and wiper control wiring plug into that connector.
Cruise and wipers are separate connectors. If that is indeed the cruise connector it should have a metal tab on it that hooks it onto the underside of the dash support.

The opposite end of the cruise wiring from the lever looks like this..
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

BIGD42069

Reaction score
thanks yall for the info i think i might need a new indicator lever cause it only wipes on the highest setting

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
thanks yall for the info i think i might need a new indicator lever cause it only wipes on the highest setting
Rarely the wiper switch which is actually not part of the lever, the lever just operates the switch which lives inside the column (94 and older.) Most of the wiper issues these trucks have are related to cracked solder joints on the circuit board inside the wiper motor, which is a super easy DIY fix. Disconnect the harness, three screws to pull the cover, pop the circuit board out, touch up the solder joints where the harness socket attaches to the board. Some people opt to replace the board but it's totally unnecessary in most cases as the original can be fixed so easily.

Richard