Another tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how wide can I go in the rear on 15" sport wheels and a 4/6 without having rubbing problems (I have sportside bed so I cant really roll rear lip) I plan on running 235/70s in the front. also what brand of tires do you guys suggest? and can I see some pix of some lowered trucks with wide rear tires.

Reaction score
Well.. that all depends on your rim. You have around ten inches of good clearance inside the fender. If the wheel is in the fender than you can have a pretty tall tire and be fine. If the wheel protrudes the fender at all or even close to, then your limited on tire height. Maybe a 60 or 55 profile, cause i know a 65 would rub if it stuck out.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But you can cut that rear lip.

.... this is true... it seems like someone speaks from experience. Id rather not cut it just because to be wide enough to have to cut it would be too wide imo... Id like to put some 245s or 255s

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well.. that all depends on your rim. You have around ten inches of good clearance inside the fender. If the wheel is in the fender than you can have a pretty tall tire and be fine. If the wheel protrudes the fender at all or even close to, then your limited on tire height. Maybe a 60 or 55 profile, cause i know a 65 would rub if it stuck out.

I had 70s on my 93 with a 4/6 so im pretty stuck on that. my trucks a sport so it has the same rims as a 454ss... I know for a fact that 235/70R15s will work with no rubbing in the rear or the front (with rolled fenders) so if i have to use 235/70r15s on all 4 thats fine but id like a little more width on the rears

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had 255/70 on my 4/6 with sport wheels with no rubbing

Thank you 97bowtie... ill start shopping. have any recommended brands? and whats the chances you have some pictures with that wheel/tire combo