Another headlight question?!!! I promise this one's different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SShockwave

Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new to this site. Glad I found it as I'm more of a muscle car guy and I'm not plugged into the truck scene. I need your help and knowledge base with what are good products, who sells them cheap, and what works best for what I'm trying to do. So watch for more questions from me shortly.

Ok, here's my question; I have a 96 K1500 Z71 that is my work horse. The headlights totally totally suck. I've had this truck for years as this is my favorit chevy body style and the stock headlights performance really wasn't a problem until I upgraded my other cars (which are newer and have clear light housings) to sylvania Ultras and now I can't stand the stock OEM truck lights. I tried polishing the lenses which helped and changed the bulbs but it's still not up to par my newer chevy's.

I'm looking for a proper fitting OEM quality housing with a clear lense and mirror back area that accepts a halogen bulb. I dont want it to look rice or scream aftermarket. The more it blends in the better. I saw another thread that recommended TYC Elegante headlight housings. Will these fit the bill of what I am looking for with my requirements? How's install, bolt on or is rewiring required?

Is this what they look like on a truck?

You must be registered for see images attach

Also noticed this tahoe has matching parking lenses, any idea where those are from?

Final question, where can I buy these LED tail lights and are they just plug an play install?

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks guys! Next up is brush guards and step bars

naranjas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know thats 1badgmc's tahoe lol but i know he got the back tail lights in ebay ... dont know about the head lights thou...

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i ordered my old clear light setup from stylin trucks

it was like 160 for headlights parking lights and clear side markers and they fit great and looked like those

and yes those led tails are just plug and play. i have the same ones from ebay but i got them from someone else used

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Stylin Truck's sell's the TYC brand and they are one of the best aftermarket light's, at least I think so!

naranjas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am prob going to look for those and order em for my 98 i like how the tail lights look or if not get sum new oem ones if i get em very cheap lol

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will these fit the bill of what I am looking for with my requirements?

Yes.

How's install, bolt on or is rewiring required?

Pull the grille off.
Unplug the bulbs and remove the 4 bolts holding your stock headlights on.
Remove the bulbs and put them in the new headlights.
Bolt the new headlights on with the stock 4 bolts.
Plug the bulbs in.
Replace the grille.

Is this what they look like on a truck?

It's what they look like on my Suburban.

Also noticed this tahoe has matching parking lenses, any idea where those are from?

This Suburban has the matching Elegante parking lights. I bought the headlights from Auto Parts Warehouse, but it seems they don't carry Elegante anymore. I bought the parking lights from Stylin' Trucks. Stylin' is also about the best place to buy the headlights too.

Final question, where can I buy these LED tail lights...

I got them off of eBay. You have to weed through the crappy LED tails to find these good ones, but they're out there.

...and are they just plug an play install?

Yes

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ebay has the complete set headlights side markers and turn signals my buddy got them for 80 and change shipped they fit in nice no issues

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ebay has the complete set headlights side markers and turn signals my buddy got them for 80 and change shipped they fit in nice no issues

Do they leak, the stuff my gf got for me off ebay last year for a present leak like hell when it rains.