Another Coolant Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
These things leak coolant way too much. I saw a small puddle below my hoe and noticed it was coolant.
It's coming from near the top of the radiator on the drivers side. It could be that smaller metal hose that's the second highest one coming into the radiator on that side, but I'm not real sure. Could it be coming from behind the fan shroud "thing" and running to the outside of the radiator then going to the ground? Does that one hose go bad very often?

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright what motor is it is a v6 or v8 , and if you are leaking near the top where the hose goes or in where the alum fins are.If you what pm and tell me alittle more about the truck ,it sounds like the hose is leaking but i could be wrong.I woulnd take your fan shround and look for leaks zipey tie down the radiotor and turn it on and try to find where the leak is comeing from.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a v8. All the Tahoes got 350s IIRC.
Took off the fan shroud and everything is dry behind there. I mean the hose that's basically an inch below the upper radiator hose. I tightened it up a bit, but it was already fairly tight. We'll see if it does anything.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe the frezze plug in front maybe or a hose has a leak,or the water pump might be leaking becuase the bearings go out and strat to leak i woulnd need to see it.I woulnd look at evry thing that involes the coolat and trace that thing down