Another 4l60e to 4l80e thread 95 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome, good luck with the swap. I'm sure there are people out there who could tune your existing PCM to run the 4L80E. I know TBIChips.com isn't the most reputable place these days, but if you just have them set the tune up for the 4L80E and leave everything else alone I would think you'd probably be OK with them. Somebody on the Gearhead EFI forums might be able to help you too, I see that place mentioned a lot for TBI related tuning stuff.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will be a while before I do it because something has to happen first. I have a 7.4 TBI in my 95 k3500 crew cab that will probably go in this truck. The k3500 has a NV4500 in it. I really do not want to part it out but I have had it for sale for a couple weeks now with no bites. I do not need it so either it will be sold to finance fixing up the c1500 or parted to fix up the c1500.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still have not tested this but it looks like after you do the round plug end you will have 2 free wires. Of course those 2 free wires are white and tan/black. On the computer end for TBI those are pin E2. E2 will be moved to F2. The tan/black is in pin E10 move it to F3. Then you will need to go back to the transmission end of the harness and put on a ISS plug. F2 is the positive for the ISS and f3 being the negative ISS.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still have not tested this but it looks like after you do the round plug end you will have 2 free wires. Of course those 2 free wires are white and tan/black. On the computer end for TBI those are pin E2. E2 will be moved to F2. The tan/black is in pin E10 move it to F3. Then you will need to go back to the transmission end of the harness and put on a ISS plug. F2 is the positive for the ISS and f3 being the negative ISS.

Yes, the 2 wires won't be needed anymore. You can just tape them up and leave them there.

I had created a thread recently because I'm also doing a 60 to 80 swap. So the 80 I bought is from a '95 C2500 and going into a '99 NBS Silverado. The other difference on '95 and earlier is the pin on the neutral safety switch is longer on the newer models. But the pin can be swapped for corresponding one.

I think '95 and older had neutral safety switch on steering column? May want to verify that.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The two wires in the way I did it do get repurposed so I did not tape them off. Instead of having to run new wires from the trans for the iss I Just repined at the ecm. Then hooked them to the ISS.