Alignment on lowered OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
FIrst, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I haven't quite figured out the site.

My question is are there any special considerations to properly aligning a lowered OBS? I've had mine aligned, but it still kind of drifts a little left (I correct), then drifts a little right (I correct). The front end parts are all brand new.
By special considerations, I'm wondering if the truck needs a little extra toe in, or if it should be set to the max range on camber, or caster?
Hoping to get it completely dialed in and pulling back to center, rather than from one side to the other. BTW, this is all 'slight', but I want to get it 'right'.
TIA
The one time I opted for store brand lower ball joints due to budget, my truck had bad memory steer. The ball joints actually were binding because they were just built too tight. Luckily I did a bunch of work with Moog so after work I ran by their training center and they gave me some replacements. An hour of work and one beer between sides solve the problem. The store brand units were full of metal shavings when I peeled the boot back once they were out. Lesson learned is new parts can still have problems.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The one time I opted for store brand lower ball joints due to budget, my truck had bad memory steer. The ball joints actually were binding because they were just built too tight. Luckily I did a bunch of work with Moog so after work I ran by their training center and they gave me some replacements. An hour of work and one beer between sides solve the problem. The store brand units were full of metal shavings when I peeled the boot back once they were out. Lesson learned is new parts can still have problems.

You drink slow.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you must work fast. Ball joints are a pain, the tool always goes cockeyed on me a bunch of times and I have to reset it.
20 plus years in steering/suspension business. From owning my own shop to working at Hunter Engineering in the R&D and training department so yeah, I probably do work fast. Flat rate days still serving me well :)