Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry B

Reaction score
I am wondering, I have a 96 C3500 5.7 Vortec. I am trying to find the o-ring gasket that sits in the Adapter that sits on top of the Throttle Body. I can't find it anywhere. The GM part number for the adapter is
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure the only way to get that gasket from GM is to buy the entire adapter. Your best bet is probably going to be pulling one from a salvage yard.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That being the part # for the piece the o-ring is attached to, not gonna do you a lot of good. The seal is not a separately serviced part by GM.

My recommendation would be hit a real auto supply, not a box store, and look at their o-ring selection. Take the adapter with you, obviously. Real parts stores are getting scarce but a NAPA may have misc. o-rings in stock. In the past I would recommend Carquest as well but since Advance bought 'em out, I dunno. Could still be worth a try.

You may need to glue the o-ring in place if you can't find the exact same shape. The original looks like a square-edged o-ring with a cut in the middle, similar to a thermostat seal from the same era.

Richard

Harry B

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help, was afraid of that. Its not torn, but seems to have a vacuum leak when cold.
Guess Ill look around.