Aftermarket Projector headlights.. LED RIM flickering/NO low beam HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I already tried calling the manufacturer and they have a loop holed self contradicting return/exchange policy so returning these/buying a new pair swapping out the bad for a good one and returning wont work..
I was wondering if there's anything i can do to test this? I have access to shop tools and test lights, volt meters etc. Just need a little know-how to diagnose and fix this problem as it makes the lights look like its winking at you, i know i don't see it flickering while driving but i take pride in my builds and i'm lost on how to assess this problem and test if its repairable or just in fact a bugged projector light i received.

Not to mention, i have to stay on my Hi beams (with blue 5900k HID lights - no ballast) and i can't use my projector low's which produced better visible light then the HID's! The blue is nice don't get me wrong but i haven't been able to use my low clear's since a few months after installing. When i would pull back the steering column on the left side it would just show parking lights and make an electrical shorting noise. One time my dash lights went off to and i switched them back to the hi's and it went back to normal :Grenade:

I'm lost and was hoping some of you that might of had this issue could shed some suggestions and advice on how to see if its repairable or just a POS.

hope to hear from you guys soon

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
So, you are having a wiring problem, not a problem with the HID low beam bulbs/ballasts? And the LED halo doesn't work?

By the way, your high beams aren't HID if they don't have ballasts.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you are having a wiring problem, not a problem with the HID low beam bulbs/ballasts? And the LED halo doesn't work?

By the way, your high beams aren't HID if they don't have ballasts.

Honestly, im not sure if it's the wiring or the headlight unit itself.
There is no ballast there just these 'HID' bulbs : http://www.ebay.com/itm/9005-9006-5...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5e0b14fe&vxp=mtr

AND the after market headlights : http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLK-LED-HAL...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af121c752&vxp=mtr

They're no ballasts, my 'high beams' (with the blue indicator on dash) is the only functioning headlight for the past few months.
When i switch to what would be normal driving lights, the headlights shut off and it makes a wining noise from the dash cluster occasionally or just remains unlit.

And yes the LED ring around the Halo eye is what's not working as well as the standard driving lights, only allowing me to drive with those 5900k lights and the white's were more visible then those.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off, those arent HIDs. It literally says on the package that it's a halogen bulb.
Second, it would probably do us some good to get pictures of the back side of the headlight assembly (including wiring) since the ad doesnt have any.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, you have a wiring issue (unlikely if all you did was plug in to the oem harness) or (more likely given the discrepancies already noted with the seller and the product) piece of crap cheapo lights.....

My advice?

Pull 'em, chuck 'em and go buy something worth your money.

Also (and this is just my personal opinion) "halo/beemer" lights look dumb on these trucks. Not trying to offend anyone, just my personal opinion. If you like 'em that's cool, but I'm still gonna point and laugh with my brochacos as you drive by....:)

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I dunno man. I get good compliments all the time with these.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Honestly, im not sure if it's the wiring or the headlight unit itself.
There is no ballast there just these 'HID' bulbs : http://www.ebay.com/itm/9005-9006-5...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5e0b14fe&vxp=mtr

AND the after market headlights : http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLK-LED-HAL...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af121c752&vxp=mtr

They're no ballasts, my 'high beams' (with the blue indicator on dash) is the only functioning headlight for the past few months.
When i switch to what would be normal driving lights, the headlights shut off and it makes a wining noise from the dash cluster occasionally or just remains unlit.

And yes the LED ring around the Halo eye is what's not working as well as the standard driving lights, only allowing me to drive with those 5900k lights and the white's were more visible then those.
As said, those aren't HIDs. You just got duped by the advertising.

Chances are those cheap bulbs are toast. Just replace them with new ones from an auto parts store. Replace the LEDs if you can with new ones from radio shack. This will require some electrical knowledge. It would be best to take pics of the bad LEDs and we could point you to some replacements. ;)