Aftermarket K1500 LCAs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new and I’m just gonna dive right in. Forgive me if I missed this, but I’m looking for after market Lower Control Arm options. I do about 95% of my own repairs, but no lift leaves me at the occasional mercy of the shop when redneck ingenuity can’t save me.

That said, I think my technician is afraid of surface rust, but he informed me my LCAs are untouchable. I just want the bushings replaced because they are showing a lot of wear. Being the perfectionist I am, I’m considering tabling the truck, striping them, repairing what I must and then rubbing it in his face. However this is my daily driver and I’m kind of stuck while I rebuild a 289 from another truck who’s name shall not be spoken....

I’ve been looking everywhere and I can’t seem to find any viable options. Plenty for 88-94 and 96-00, but nothing for the 4x4 95 K1500. I’m all ears.... well, eyes, and open to suggestions.

PS Yes, junk yard. I know, but no time for it. Literally. And I’ve been searching eBay.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Aftermarket lowers? Unless there is a high performance option for lift, they don't exist. They are not normally considered wear parts.

You should find plenty on Ebay to rebuild while you continue to drive the truck....might as well upgrade to the forged arms. Search the forum for the part numbers and search Ebay with that info.

Reaction score
I’m not even finding them on eBay. Contacted a bunch of suppliers and everyone pretty much says good luck. I know they’re not considered a normal wear part, but this is one of the joys of owning a truck that spent almost 20 years in Pennsylvania winters. Worst case scenario I’m think I might get a C1500 arm and work my buddy to modify it. I just find it ironic given the availability of everything else.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I’m not even finding them on eBay. Contacted a bunch of suppliers and everyone pretty much says good luck. I know they’re not considered a normal wear part, but this is one of the joys of owning a truck that spent almost 20 years in Pennsylvania winters. Worst case scenario I’m think I might get a C1500 arm and work my buddy to modify it. I just find it ironic given the availability of everything else.

You're doing something wrong...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Got ya. I was under the impression from research that the 96-00 LCAs wouldn’t fit. ‍♂️ Thanks internet. Much appreciated for the info.

It probably depends on who you talk to.... ball joints will be different, so technically they don't fit. That's kind of like tires though.... these trucks never came with 17 rims so 17" tires won't fit.... until you swap in 17" rims.

I have never swapped arms. My 99 has the forged arms from the factory. The early trucks did/do have some differences, but I think the arms swap with no problems.

Note: the forged arms were made later in the production run of the trucks, but stamped arms were still made and used. 6-lug trucks never got the forged lower arms, only 8-lug trucks. Some 8-lug trucks still got the stamped arms, too. These later stamped arms were different that the early stamped arms, but I don't know when they changed the design. Early arms had riveted in ball joints. Later arms used pressed in ball joints, and some of them had a forged tip.... which may have been the heavier GVW trucks.

Reaction score
Makes sense. So all I need to do is switch over to the 96-00 model comparable and change out my ball joints. I need to change out my tie rods and adjusters anyways. So might as well rebuild it all at this point. I really need a vacation and a lift. Thanks for the info. It’s super helpful. Not to knock some of the technicians, but they have no idea. This is why I’ve resorted to learning this **** on my own. I once had a tech take 8 HOURS to replace my intake manifold gasket.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Makes sense. So all I need to do is switch over to the 96-00 model comparable and change out my ball joints. I need to change out my tie rods and adjusters anyways. So might as well rebuild it all at this point...

Lower ball joints any way. The lower ball joints are specific to the forged arms, as the part that presses into the arms is a different diameter.... borrow the ball joint press from an autoparts store.

Tie-rods and upper ball joints shouldn't be affected, since you're not changing the knuckles, but if they need changing you're already there so may as well.

Don't think of this in terms of a year change, more like going from a 6-lug truck part to an 8-lug truck part.... although the year does affect it too, since the forged arms weren't available until later. That's what I was trying to explain earlier.... simply stating that you're going to a 96-00 control arm, doesn't mean you're going forged, since the stamped arms were still used.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my lca. Rock auto is where I got mine. $99ea. If I remember correctly. Bolted right up. Comes complete.