Aftermarket Cooler installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellbound

Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up a B&M cooler to put in my truck (98 K1500 SWB with 4L60E). THe truck doesn't appear to have a factory cooler installed. What is involved in installing this cooler without an existing cooler?

Thanks

Mike

19Yukon97

Reaction score
There should be instructions in the box or on the internet. I just put a B&M cooler in when i rebuilt my transmission. I remember seeing instructions for not having a factory cooler and instructions for if you have a factory cooler. My guess is you need the two lines run from the transmission, then the cooler needs to go in front of the radiator and then use rubber hoses and vand clamps to connect it. Then your done.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should have a factory cooler in the radiator. It might not have the one out front though

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used these fittings when I installed mine which prevented me from having to splice any lines. Installed one coming out of the bottom of the radiator to the cooler and the other on the line going back to the transmission.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EPOLQU/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have any pics of the fittings but here is the Fluidyne cooler I installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hellbound

Reaction score
Which one is the return line? Upper or lower into the rad??

thanks

Mike