Adding Third Row Seat to Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcolfax

Reaction score
OK gang...

Been looking at Tahoe's to replace my Suburban.

Found several good looking deals, great condition, low miles, fair price, etc

But none of them have the 3rd row seat; which I kinda need with three young kids.

I figure I can pull a 3rd row seat from a Burb or a Tahoe that someone wrecked, is parting out or even the junkyard if I can get to it before the rain does.

I find it hard to believe that GM would have used a completely different floor pan for the trucks with / without the 3rd row option.

My guess is the mounting points are simply hidden under the carpet on the non 3rd row trucks and that all I would have to do is expose them, attach the mounting hardware, then attach the seat...

Has anyone done this to give me better direction?

Thanks!

-cmc-

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK gang...

But none of them have the 3rd row seat; which I kinda need with three young kids.

I figure I can pull a 3rd row seat from a Burb or a Tahoe that someone wrecked, is parting out or even the junkyard if I can get to it before the rain does.

I find it hard to believe that GM would have used a completely different floor pan for the trucks with / without the 3rd row option.

My guess is the mounting points are simply hidden under the carpet on the non 3rd row trucks and that all I would have to do is expose them, attach the mounting hardware, then attach the seat...

Thanks!

-cmc-

I've never seen a factory 3rd row Tahoe in a 400.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never seen a factory 3rd row Tahoe in a 400.

X2 to this.

The slight body differences would lead me to believe they probably did use different floor pans in the Tahoes and Suburbans. Look at the rear door of a Suburban VS a Tahoe, the Suburban's is completely clear of the wheel well, the Tahoe's is not. I've never pulled up the carpet in a Tahoe to look for the 3rd row mounting points, but I'd be willing to bet they're not there. To give you an idea of what I mean...

Tahoe
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban
You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
OK gang...

Thanks!

-cmc-
As others have mentioned, I don't think the floorpans are the same either. Anyways, did some browsing and it seems like one guy managed to install a 3rd row into his Tahoe. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/hello-everyone.17804/ .