Actuator wont engage posibly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a manual transfer case; whenever i lock it in 4wd (hi or lo) its not registering on the dash or shifter. Im told there is an actuator on top of the transfer case can become unplugged or go out. I couldnt find it. Could anyone point me to it; or what else to check? 4wd fuse is good.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The actuator on the front end is what you want to check first. A manual shift transfer case doesn't doesn't have an actuator. You may not have a light on the dash either (I've never seen one on a manual) just the light on the shifter.

Unplug and unscrew the actuator. Plug it back in and see if it extends in 4x4. If not test the plug for power. If you have power and it doesn't extend it's junk.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The actuator on the front end is what you want to check first. A manual shift transfer case doesn't doesn't have an actuator. You may not have a light on the dash either (I've never seen one on a manual) just the light on the shifter.

Unplug and unscrew the actuator. Plug it back in and see if it extends in 4x4. If not test the plug for power. If you have power and it doesn't extend it's junk.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

There is not a light in the dash, only on the floor indicator for a manual shift case. If the T case switch on the top of the T case fails the front actuator with not engage. Unplug the T case switch and jumper the two wires together and see if the front axle actuator gets power.