Actuator questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my front actuator. It seems that when I submerge it in the river it knocks out the actuator? It doesn't blow the fuse but it won't work again until I change the actuator. I've put several in it this year. I'm not sure why this is happening now? The original actuator lasted FOREVER in this truck and I used to submerge it in the same river all the time. However, when it finally went out, it happened during another trip through the river. Does something a hot actuator in cool water knock it out? If so, then why did the original actuator last 20 years?

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
I bypassed the transfer case switch with a jumper wire and the actuator worked fine. I'm still not sure if the water knocked out the t-case switch or the actuator. I had already replaced the actuator. I put black silicone on the actuator flange so it should be sealed good. I guess I'll pick up another t-case switch tomorrow. What is a posi-lock?