AC HELP. lights flashing on left side of ac controller.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ctrain91

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1993 k2500 burb. 7 4L.

ac controller is blinking. Not the temperature but like the blend part. Can't hear actuator trying like I have on other gmt400s. Replaced blower app 6 months ago. Just replaced ac compressor along with evaporator and othe things after compressor imploded lol.

Also replaced relays behind glovebox and blower resistor thinking those were possibly the issues.

Please help.

Rear ac is working like a champ. But front seats blower doesn't even come on. I was thinking blower went bad again but idk. Thanks in advance

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is usually the actuator has gone bad. There's some limited troubleshooting for the A/C controls in the factory service manual, which is available for free download here in the forums, in the sticky posts at the top of the Engine section.

The actuator for the vent position doesn't often go bad; usually it's the spring-loaded slider linkages on it that get gummed up as the grease on them hardens. However, it's not unheard of that the actuator itself is bad.

Blower motor not working in the front is gonna be an unrelated issue. Motor itself is probably bad, or a bad connection at power or ground (kinda common.)

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And since you touched it, you might have left something not hooked up, or not connected. Did you do any diagnostics or just replaced random parts. The service manual is good at troubleshooting diagnostics.