AC Help - Cold AC, but compressor runs constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTBrotz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I could not find this issue addressed on here or the wider web, but may have missed it, if so, please let me know. The AC on my truck was only working when the temperature was in the 70s, any hotter and the compressor would not run. I added some refrigerant and now it runs ice cold at any temperature, but the compressor runs constantly when the AC button is pressed. I hooked up a pressure guage set and with the engine off I am reading roughly 65 both sides. When the engine is running with the AC full blast it reads 30 low and 175 high. Of course this is with the compressor running constantly. I added a can of refrigerant as I thought the high side was too low. Now I am reading 40 on the low side and 195 on the high side and the compressor still runs constantly if the AC button is pressed. With the low side up to 40 I am not comfortable adding more refrigerant. Has anyone seen this issue before? Thanks!